Thursday, January 15, 2009

Old article...

I read/posted this on my other blog awhile back but I figured that I would post it here:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/artanddesign/2008/jul/03/art2

It's about Jeff Koons being exhibited at Versailles. I personally can't stand the guy but it's still an interesting insight into the juxtaposition of contemporary art with the past/tradition/etc.

1 comment:

  1. After reading this article, i wondered... Why Koons? Placement of his pop art pieces within a legendary, fanciful environment. For shock effect, indeed...

    Why distrupt the serenity of Versailles? So, i agree with Edouard de Royère, when he mentions, "Even for three months, Jeff Koons at Versailles is a mistake."

    Also, Jeff Koons lost credibility with his series bordering on pornographic imagery.
    Koons's work is synonymous with Kitsch art. It is playful, sometimes, not thought provoking, though.

    If Koon's wants to re-invent his career(in a way that moves viewers) in a new way, i'd tell him to start doing it himself..heh

    This is a disruption, and will cause his his name to float around for shock effect.
    That's not enough though. Still, Koons is fine with that probably.

    ReplyDelete