Saturday, January 17, 2009

Q & A, Interviews with the Artists (Elizabeth Murray)

I have been studying the work of Elizabeth Murray, more recently, since her name was mentioned during my critique. I did multiple searches about her view on her work and art. I stumbled across a very interesting Q & A – an online transcript of an interview with the artist,

I thought I would share the link w/ you all:
http://www.artchive.com/artchive/M/murray.html

I found discussion on the evolutionary process of her art- to be very insightful. I was upset to find out that she had passed away last yr. But I believe her spirit shall live on through her artwork :)

1 comment:

  1. Very good interview. She spoke clearly about her process and yet at times didn't know what to say about the way her art evolved and how it took different directions.
    I have always been a fan. I think it is interesting to note that only four women, besides Murray, have had a retrospective at MOMA. Louise Bourgeois, Lee Krasner and Helen Frankenthaler. Nice company to be in.

    ReplyDelete