Wednesday, January 14, 2009
Traditional Methods
Since we were discussing the use of rabbit skin glue in class the other day, I thought others might want a resource. www.sinopia.com is a great website for all sorts of traditional media including pigments, rabbit skin and fish glues and all the accompanying materials to make traditional grounds. They even have recipes. Another great site is www.iconboards.com. They have pre-gessoed panels using the traditional rabbit skin glue recipe on both smooth panel and birch plywood. I know this is excellent quality as other professors have worked with this company.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Love Sinopia... I'm going to be doing an order for rabbit skin glue, chalk, and pigments if anyone wants to go in on it. I don't know if doing so will save on shipping. Thanks for the board site... i know that the company Suzanne and Pascha went out of business or something like that.
ReplyDelete