Thursday, April 9, 2009

PR Progress :) Fantastic

I am making great strides w/ my solo PR work.
We, collectively, are making great progress, as well.

Nicole & Diane. thanks!
Nina, thanks for working on the Facebook Page & it's going quite well.
( Link to Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=83461119807&ref=mf#/event.php?eid=83461119807&ref=mf )

I've contacted numerous art websites/online reporters/ newspapers
So, i am sending the press releases out:

here's a response from one online periodical already:

( Wed, Apr 8, 2009 at 11:21 PM
"Thank you! I'm going to start working on this for future publication."
( From David DiPino, Delray Forum Staff Writer/Sun-Sentinel.com Reporter Delray Beach)


I am having fun w/ this! :) i am expecting more people @ this than i envisioned originally! i believe it will be very well received, especially @ the rate i am going w/ my solo PR progress & your efforts as well!

Tell you friends to tell their friends... word of mouth is important too!

I shall keep you all posted on my progress.


On the entertainment front
I am meeting w/ my friend & our event musician, Mike, 2 discuss set list... and talking about the show, in general.

~Peace, everyone~

5 comments:

  1. Awesome Andrew! You are the man. Could you please tell me which newspapers you have contacted specifically so i can then contact some of the ones you haven't. Also could you email me a copy of the press release?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your kind words, Alex!
    It's fun & Thank you, for your help.
    So far,
    I have i have contacted the following papers:

    -FAU, University Press
    -Boca Raton News/TIMES
    -The Sun Sentinel
    -Palm Beach Post
    -West Boca Forum (online/blog articles) (affiliated with The Sun Sentinel)
    -Delray Forum (online/blog articles) (Affiliated with The Sun Sentinel)

    & just now, contacted
    -CL:City LINK (MetroMix)
    -Around Town-



    * ( I have emailed all of them online, (u can try them on the phone, perhaps, some may not respond to my emails or, perhaps, you can find some papers i haven't contacted. I'm sure there are still plenty around)

    (***The list of most of these papers w/ their phone #'s are on this blog, in one of my last posts, if you need them.)
    thank you, Alex
    ~peace~
    & i'm posting the press release 4 you

    ReplyDelete
  3. For Immediate Release

    Contact: Andrew Richard Ackerman
    (561)289-2167
    Ackrandy18@aol.com


    "THIRTEEN FAU ARTISTS EXHIBIT IN DELRAY’S KEVRO’S ART BAR”

    Kevro’s Art Bar, in downtown Delray Beach, will host an opening night reception from 6:30 to 10 P.M., May 2, to mark the exhibition of thirteen FAU student artists. The Exhibition, entitled, “Nowhere and Now Here: 13 Artists,” will feature a spectrum of work with some bordering on the sculptural but all concentrated in the realm of painting.

    The opening will include live entertainment featuring musician Mike Mineo. Hors d’ouvres will be provided and there will be a cash bar.
    For more information, please contact:

    Kevro’s Art Bar
    166 SE Second Ave.
    Delray Beach, Fl 33444
    Kevro’s is located 1.5 blocks south of Atlantic Ave., just west of the train tracks, on the west side of the street.
    561-ART-WORK (278-9675) www.KevroArt.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. From kevin "KEVRO"

    hi Andrew. A reporter copied me on your press release '13 FAU artists exhibit at art bar' saturday May 2.

    Please let us know when you plan to hang the exhibit, we'll be bzy with another big event the eve of friday May 1, may I suggest thursday or thursday eve set up... Let us know what you have planned. Thank you! Looking forward to the creative energy of FAU (Deb's almamater).

    All the best,

    Kevro & Deb

    "Offering a meeting place for the creative class, Kevro's is the 1st of its kind in Palm Beach County."
    -Art & Culture Magazine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Andrew, for getting alot of the hard work done and the word out. That's so important to the sucess of the show...
    Nicole: Your poster looked awesome when I saw the sample on Mon. Can you e-mail a copy or are you bringing posters/cards to class on Mon since Wednesday is a work day at home?
    I want to drop off one to Boca Chamber of Commerce or I'll drive over this week and give them just a PR page. Thanks Diane

    ReplyDelete