Sunday, March 29, 2009

fau-X's Collaborative Exhibition at Kevro Art Bar












KEVRO ART BAR, Delray Beach
Our final project is our Collaborative Exhibition at Kevro's Art Bar on Saturday, May 2, 2009. This special event will have food, an open bar and entertainment from 6:30-10:00pm.
A group of us went to the venue on Wednesday to look it over. The space is limited so we need to go back to measure and come up with some creative ways to display. It would be helpful if everyone could meet us at a future date to help plan ahead.
Most important is the PUBLICITY, which Andrew Ackerman has offered to chair, but your assistance is greatly needed to help follow up with notifying and contacting the papers...see the blog before this for a list that Andrew needs assistance with...if everyone contacts one paper, we can get a lot done!
Here is where we are so far:
1) Entertainment: Andrew:- Will meet with Mike Mineo who plays sings and plays the guitar. Check out his website:
Brittany offered to check with a friend who is a DJ that can do sets in between the live music.
2) Publicity: Andrew- has already looked up contact numbers and e-mails--You can really help us by getting the word out right now...no time to waste! Please check with Andrew on who you can help contact.
3) Flyers/Poster - Robert is at the drawing board designing...Nicole has offered to do the printing for them
4) Food: Diane - She wil buy the food, plates,utensils,etc. but will update you later on what she will need. Suggested Donation $20 will give us enough cash to purchase most of the items. She will start collecting on Monday, April 6
5) Installation: Alex and Brittany...but everyone will have to figure out how to hang/present their work...
6) Cleanup- Everyone will help
7) We need to decide on a name ASAP so that the flyers and Publicity can get started!
Any suggestions? (How about fau-X Collaboration?)
Please give us any suggestions you have...or if you can volunteer...or if you have any concerns!

8 comments:

  1. Here is a link to the musician, Mike Mineo, who Andrew will be meeting...check it out!!!
    http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.Channel&ChannelID=49975104

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diane, this is very helpful for all of us!
    Thanks for you dedication, as always,
    you're awesome.
    Thanks.
    Andy-
    ~peace~

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome! I will have to contact the people I contacted from the January show.


    I posted this on the name post but...

    OH My god I thought Visions...was versions!

    "Now Here" is what is manifested onto a surface from the artist in time and space. Call me crazy I was thinking each of our works were representations of who we are and what we are doing now and here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, maybe you're on to something...I was told by three individuals this year that I was their guardian angel...who got them out of a pinch...i didn't intend to paint statues of angels but that's what they remind me of....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I posted the show, location, date and time on facebook (thanks Andrew, you're great!) to see what kind of response I would get and a lot of my friends/family want to come.
    We all need to get the word out! It would be great to see the entire back area at Kevro's filled with patrons of art!!!

    PS: There was an art dealer at Kevro's on Wed from The Barbara Ann Levy Gallery...I'm going to invite her as soon as we get the flyer ready...maybe some local art gallery owners would be interested in our work...you never know!

    www.balgallery.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The "No where now here" is a Peter Gabriel invention. I asked Andrew about it because it sounded too familiar. I think we need something that is not already associated with someone. Fau-x has a crafty connotation associated with wall finishes.
    I suggested,Points of view:New works from 13 painters.
    We do need more ideas from others in the class and finalize the name because I need to get started on the poster.
    Speaking of the poster some people liked the back side of the canvas design that I made. I need more feedback because I am tight for time and these projects always take more than you anticipate.I also need to know anyone involved who needs to be credited i.e. all the musicians, deejays etc. so I can start fitting the design of the copy for the poster.

    Thanks D for organizing and making sure everyone knows their responsibilities.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rob,
    I really liked the reverse canvas idea and at this point it would work well...it's seems only a handful are responding to this show...it should be required for everyone to respond at this point...we need the name asap.
    Since I was not in class Mon...did anything new come up...what do the committee chairs think? I like the "POINT OF VEIW: NEW VISIONS FROM 13 PAINTERS...or VERSIONS or WORK will be fine...let's vote on it!

    ReplyDelete