Sunday, March 15, 2009
In the Realms of the Unreal
So, last night i watched "In the realms of the unreal" a docuentary style movie about henry darger. I have to say that lmost everything that i thought i knew about him may have been completely wrong. He is the author of what may be the largest ever work of fiction at over 15,000 pages not to mention innumerable paintings, for which he would collect magazines, coloring books, scraps, to trace and draw in refernce for is paintings. i could probably ramble on about Darger for quite some time, but instead ill just suggest that you guys watch the movie for yourself, i highly reccomend it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Definitely! I came across it a couple of years ago and was just amazed at the world that he created. I think he really was a savant. I hope one day his full works are compiled and published.
ReplyDeleteWhere did you see it? IFC, Sundance or one of the premium channels??
ReplyDelete